The Daily Chase

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day {the Chase way}

Vincent and I agree that our all-time favorite date was our first Valentine's Day. It was special for so many reasons, but most importantly it was the first time we prayed together before a meal {a tradition we still continue today}. We never try to outdo our first Valentine's Day, so last night we enjoyed a sweet evening at home. Vince has been working SO much lately, it was great to have him home at a decent hour and all to myself! Here's a quick review of our super simple Valentine's Day at home:

1. We had a sweet start to the day with yummy cinnamon rolls {reduced fat, of course!}
2. Vincent came home to a fun Valentine's Night itinerary. {I customized printables from Eat drink Chic & added a little raffia to make them my own.}
3. Our cocktail ottoman was set up for a Couch Picnic & intended for a movie night, but my worn-out pregnant self fell asleep shortly after dinner!
4. We couldn't wait till after dinner to exchange presents, so fortunately I had Vincent's ready to go when he got home. He loved the framed Star Wars lithograph {complete with certificate of authenticity} and cards from Tasha girl and me.
5. Dinner is served! Our menu included a yummy salad, pecan crusted chicken breasts and cowboy casserole.
6. Save room for dessert! I had to hurry to finish the sugar-free cupcakes before Vince got home, so they didn't come out as pretty as I hoped. Luckily my sweet hubby didn't noticed the sloppy icing!
7. One of my favorite surprises...Vince made the bed before he left for work! I love coming home to a clean, happy bedroom.
8. My gift from Vincent...a massage and a calendar of him flexing his muscles! {Yes, he hired a professional photographer and also gave me a disc of the entire photoshoot}. I'm pretty sure there's no one else like him!

Hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment