The Daily Chase

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Little Pinspiration : Mardi Gras

The Lenten season is almost here, which means Mardi Gras is just around the corner! I love the peace Lent brings leading up to Easter and the Mardi Gras celebrations make me miss my Cajun family even more than I normally do. My inner Cajun gets super excited at the thought of Beignets from New Orleans and King Cake! In preparation, I've gotten a little inspiration from Pinterest lately:

 3. King Cake

I foresee a Mardi Gras wreath for our front door in the near future! What is everyone giving up for Lent this year?

XOXO,

2 comments:

  1. Since I am from New Orleans I always love this time of the year there - missing Mardi Gras in a big way this year - we had a king cake delivered from a bakery there so all is not lost :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! My family has a farm in Lafayette and there's nothing like a Louisiana King Cake! They just don't make them the same here! I'm so jealous you had one delivered...I'll have to keep that in mind for next year!

    Have a great day!

    Bri

    ReplyDelete