The Daily Chase

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Fiscal Fast

We're taking a fiscal fast! After contemplating what to give up for Lent this year and a few recent budget setbacks {Vincent's car}, we're ready to get back on track! We're taking on a minimalist attitude during Lent and cutting all unnecessary spending. In addition, we're committing to reading our Bibles every day together.  We're hoping this starts another daily habit for us, since it's easy to forget as hectic as our schedules have been lately. Lent starts this Wednesday, but I figured we'd go ahead and get a head start!

I started by putting together this week's meal plan and getting any groceries we needed. I came in about $15 under budget {woo hoo!} and I'm pretty sure this week should be fairly easy to stick to as long as Brock takes it easy on me!

{Sunday} Grilled chicken, homemade mashed potatoes, & salad
{Monday} Sunday leftovers
{Tuesday} Roast beef, carrots, boiled potatoes, & salad
{Wednesday} Turkey meatballs and wheat spaghetti, salad, garlic Ezekiel bread
{Thursday} Taco night
{Friday} Leftovers from the week or black beans & brown rice
{Saturday} Dinner with Uncle Kurt's family

On a side note, our AdvoCare team is on fire! Joining this company has been a HUGE benefit for our family and finances. We would love to share this opportunity with anyone who wants to look better, feel better, and/or earn an extra income. For more information contact us or visit our website!

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday night!

XOXO,

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love these blog hops where we get to find and meet new blog friends? Glad I found you. I'm a new GFC and LF follower and I would love if you stopped by and followed back, so we can stay connected. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! I'm so thankful for the blog hop...so much inspiration and new blogs to follow! Can't wait to follow your blog and stay connected!

    Thanks!

    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is such a great idea and inspiration for Lent. I'm the worst about sticking to my meal plan. I tend to just throw things together.. Stopping over via the blog hop! So nice to meet you!I'm a new follower :)

    Lindsey
    outofalabaster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Lindsey! It's so nice to meet you too! I just visited your cute little blog and love it! I'm a happy new follwer!

    Have a great day!

    Bri

    ReplyDelete