The Daily Chase

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sunday Funday

It's a beautiful day here in Texas complete with sunshine and a cool breeze! Mom and dad drove out to our faimily's farm in East Texas which means Annie came over for a play date! While Vince spent most of the day working and playing flag football, the girls and I had the house to ourselves all day. They chose to catch up on sleep and I took advantage of the time to work on Brock's room. We have two showers coming up in April, so I've been wanting to get everything we already have in order to avoid last minute mass chaos!


I'm pretty happy with how it's starting to come together. The good thing about having a boy is that we now have a place for all of our extra SMU and Dallas Cowboys memorabilia that doesn't fit in the man cave. We decided to keep the furniture and walls a neutral color so that we could accessorize with navy blue and red.


I started today by making a banner to hang over Brock's crib. I plan on posting a short tutorial tomorrow, so be sure to come back and check it out! I used mostly scraps, so this fun little accessory cost less than $3!


I also hung Brock's mobile over his crib. The Dallas Cowboys mobile was a hand-me-down from my boss, Traci. It's never to early for Brock to learn about his soon-to-be favorite NFL team!


The last project was to create a little reading nook for Brock. I can't wait for little man to arrive and I hope we'll be spending a lot of time in this area. The rocking chair has been passed down from my great great grandmother. You can read about it's recent makeover here!

I finished everything just in time to get ready for evening Mass. I hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing Sunday!

XOXO,

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bri! Can you e-mail me so I can add you to my address book? You're a no-reply commenter and it's killing me :) kelly at livelaughrowe dot com

    ReplyDelete