The Daily Chase

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

{Pottery Barn Inspired} Personalized Pennant

Woohoo! I finished another decor item for Brock's room and can cross a DIY project off the list! As I mentioned earlier this week, I've wanted one of these personalized pennants from Pottery Barn Kids for Brock's room ever since I first saw them.


However, at $52 each they were not at the top of my priority list and didn't make it on to the registry. So, I decided to make my own!


Start by gathering your supplies...you'll need felt {in the colors of your choice}, Steam-A-Seam double stick fusible web, & felt letters or a stencil {I printed letters using a font from my computer & cut around them to make a stencil}.


{Step 1} Cut your pennant from a 12" x 18" piece of felt.
{Step 2} Using your stencil, cut your letters from a contrasting color of felt. Also cut any embellishments {i.e. stars} and about a 1/2" strip to go along the side of the pennant.
{Step 3} Using Steam-A-Seam, bond letters, embellishments, & strip to pennant.
{Step 4} Enjoy!

I can't wait to add Brock's pennant to his nursery. A few more projects to finish and his room will be complete! I've linked up to the following link parties. Click the links below for more project inspiration!


Sorry for the lack of pictures, I completed this project while making dinner, doing the dishes and catching up on a few TV shows that have been sitting on the DVR...multitasking at its finest!
XOXO,

8 comments:

  1. hi there! I'm your newest follower from the live.laugh.rowe blog hop! :) Love your blog!

    Jess
    jessismor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess! Thanks for the follow! I love the concept behind your blog and just became a follower as well! Have a great day!

      Bri

      Delete
  2. wow, this is soo neat! visiting from blog hop and following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bri! I found your blog on the Grow Your Blog Blog Hop. I'm a DFW blogger too, and love your blog! Congrats on baby Brock!!

    Viv @bigKfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Viv! Thank you so much! I love meeting local bloggers and have followed your blog too so we can stay connected!

      Bri

      Delete
  4. Hello sweet Bri! I feel right at home around here. Thanks for all of your button love!!! And thanks so much for linking up at my very first linky party! Hope to see you again this week :)

    Hugs, friend!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly! I hope to have something fun to link up again this week! I love reading your blog...I've gotten so many ideas from the blog hops and linky party :)

      Have a great day!

      Bri

      Delete