The Daily Chase

Thursday, July 5, 2012

{Mommy On A Mission} Food Inc.

Hello, friends! Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July. We're back from a short, relaxing trip to the lake house with family. It's always fun to get away, even if just for a night! While browsing for something to watch on Netflix, my hubby came across the documentary Food, Inc. Have you ever seen it? I highly recommend it...it will totally change your outlook on fast food & have you re-thinking where you buy your meat.


The film prompted a trip to a Natural Grocers that recently opened by our house. I was curious to see their selection of all-natural, grass fed meat. I picked up a few things, but I think I'll stick to our local Whole Foods...the overall selection seems to be better.

I did splurge on a couple of magazines that caught my eye. I'm not a chef by any means, but I do like to try out new recipes and I wanted to find a few "healthy" ones to add to my collection. 


 

I haven't read them entirely yet, but I did make the Gluten-Free Potato Chip Crusted Cod recipe for dinner tonight. While the hubby is not a huge fish fan, he seemed pretty pleased.

Both magazines are filled with yummy looking recipes & I hope to try most of them out soon!
 {Our dinner: Gluten-Free Potato Chip Crusted Cod, Baked Potato, Fruit Salad}

No comments:

Post a Comment